Saturday, July 16, 2011

Janus

             I've been called "The most conservative liberal", and in many ways, the description fits. It seems like I tolerate all forms of vice (in the Mormon sense, like drinking, rampant sex, etc.) in others that I deny myself. I have a distaste for being around people under the influence, yet would fight for their rights to be in that state. What is inducing my need to live a quasi-puritanical lifestyle while flinching at the thought of it being imposed on me? 



             I've always been a silent rebel. I break rules under the guise of anonymity or stealth...or maybe I'm just a contrarian, opposing anything and everything that the majority loves. Maybe, it's my love for the underdogs. That's it. I've always had a soft spot in my heart for those who are truly bullied, marginalised, or harassed. Whatever.
I wanna make my mark on the world, though I gave up trying to change it. If I could support just one person in his/her quest to take on this harsh, cruel world...that would be enough. 





2 comments:

Bravone said...

I like you just the way you are!

BLB said...

Your sentiment is reciprocated, dear friend.