Thursday, March 22, 2012

Invented Crises.

I'm gonna make an admission here: When I was in middle school, I was so desperate for folks to like me that I told a couple of folks that without their friendship, I'd have already killed myself. That was a total lie. I'm the kind of guy that would never dream of going that far. However, that lie got everybody feeling sorry for me...and I milked it for all it was worth. For about 2 years, I was guaranteed a seat in the "hip and cool folks" table because I conned a couple of them into believing that. However, I realised that doing so puts me at the mercy of others' pity and that meant I was subservient. 


When it hit me that those I considered "hip and cool" were really losers with no future in life, I decided to end contact with them and be real for once. That's why I always strive to be 100% ME and be as honest as I can be, at the risk of people hating me. I rather be hated for what I am, than tolerated for what I pretend to be. My advice is not to try and please people who've already decided not to like you for any reason. Nothing you do will change their minds. They're not worth your time and it will only lead to gigantic let-downs. 

No comments: